Thursday, October 4, 2007

randomness

I know I was working on improving some part of my drawing skill. but, as I practiced, I kind of lost track. now, I'm not really sure what I was working on. just the sense of a shortcoming remains. its sad really. but perhaps I can reverse engineer where I was coming from.
ah yes, line work. I was very unhappy with my line work. its scribbly and unclear. usually 5 lines to choose from where one would have done. I was trying to clean it up. to this purpose, I practiced on photographs, mostly with a pen, so I couldnt redo a line.
tried this on real live too. cause, well, its just soo much more then a picture ;)

somewhere I grabbed back to the old pencil. I guess I figured I could do clean lines with that too. pictures and some carl barks duckies. this is also part of where I try and do others styles. I really never drew duckies before so I think they're ok. even if they're just copies.



at this point I didn't want to do line drawings anymore. I wanted to look at mass and shadow. so I drew some from photographs.


next day I drew this after my boyfriend (and cat), I was pretty happy with it. of course, the day after I drew this:
now, I've drawn some pretty lousy things in the past.. but this one somehow tops it :/
then, yesterday, I did a line drawing, and one shape drawing. just by heart.
hmm.. ok. now that I've got it lined up, it sort of makes sense again :) and I might have actually been getting somewhere ^^ yay. guess it wasn't all that random after you arrange your toughts.

No comments: